Monday 22 September 2014

[YEAR 3] Film Idea Draft 1

The things that inspire me most are Animation, Music and Love.
These 3 elements are what I want to have my 3rd year film based around.
My idea is for a music video, a song by Dom Robinson called Bodies (I already have permission from him to animate to this song).


The song to me is about unrequited love, and I want to make a story of someone dreaming about being with a person but never achieving it. Its kinda of inpsired by the idea that you can see the same person in passing for years and years and never even know their name. 
The story I have for this song so far, is about a guy who is travelling on a bus, he sees this girl, he thinks she is attractive, they often travel on the same bus but they never spoken. He daydreams about the girl as he looks out the window (this would hopefully happen around the time of the first chorus). He does this many times over and over again, becoming more 'obsessed about her' seeing her in other people and then daydreaming of what could be. By the end of the video he would finally speak to her and it would at that point. 

This is still very basic but I really want to keep to this sort of idea.

The style of the theme I want to be sketchy, similar to Glen Keane's Duet and Ryan Woodward's Thought of You. I want most of the focus on the characters, the background would just melt away at points where the guy character is dreaming of what could be.





No comments:

Post a Comment