Sunday 26 January 2014

[YEAR 2] Monster Design 2



This time the 3 words I put together were; BOLD. GREEDY and DETERMINED.

So I looked at bears are they are bold in shape and determined in personality. The greedy part was a lot harder so I thought about hunched over body language. 

I tried to use mainly squares and a few triangles (bold and greedy being squares and determined being a triangle).

I liked number ones shape but when I sketched over it I found it looked too simple and all too aggressive.

I really love the shape of this one because of the higher shoulders and low head set, so I developed him into colour.

I picked a natural palette in the end because I thought the colours linked well with my bear references. 

Here are some sketches of what moth to give the monster, I picked the 3rd one with 5 teeth.


Final design! :D 






No comments:

Post a Comment