Sunday 26 January 2014

[YEAR 2] Proposal Document


My interest in animation has always been mainly towards characters as they are what inspire me through their personality, design and movements. I would love to study and explore character and visual development further as I found through the last two projects this is what I really enjoyed, creating the desired look for both characters and sets.. I love reading into people both in fiction and non-fiction, trying to work out what makes that person unique and quirky. This aspect also leads me to have interest in the characters process before animation and looking into the concept and the design development, so overall in the project I would like to study character visual development for the show reel.
To show case these ideas I would like to include items that will involve both character design and animation. For the design part I would need to include;
·         Brainstorms of ideas (this including what my characters are designed for to determine a look/style, story and personality) .
·         Thumbnails of character designs (to show variation like they would in the industry).
·         Create a complete character sheet (including a character turn around and a variety of expressions).
·         A final coloured full image of the character (showing them in a pose that expresses them).
The programs I will be using to do this are;
·         Adobe Photoshop (for developing characters)
·         Adobe After Effects and Premier (for editing all of the work together)
My production pipeline would be similar to this;
·         Brainstorming ideas on character ideas I would like to explore/
·         Thumb nailing quick ideas.
·         Developing a few of the thumbnail designs.
·          Pick one of the thumbnail developments and start settling on structure and look of character.
·         Create both expression sheet and turnaround of each character. .
·         Create a final full body image of each character to show them in full glory.

·         Move best images into premier for putting into the show reel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment