Thursday 27 February 2014

[YEAR 2] Show Reel Development - Female Epytian Woman Character Design

For my final character design I decided to look at the Egyptians, originally with the interest in their warriors but after my lesson with Jane I was inspired by the idea I would like to follow for my dissertation. 
The beauty of women in different cultures and I thought about how women in Egypt either had no power or a lot of power like Cleopatra, but I was really inspired by the goddess  Isis,  the great mother goddess and also known to be Osiris counterpart putting her very high up. 


Here are my my set of starting thumbnails:

I got a bit stuck after I did the thumbnails so I did some random sketches to help myself get going, and I really ended up liking the shape of the body, having these big hips, good for child birth linking to Isis the mother of all. 






No comments:

Post a Comment