Sunday 5 October 2014

[YEAR 3] Film Development - Character ideas

Main character: 

The main character is based off a woman my mum used to see often when travelling, I asked her to give me a bit of a description because I have never seen her on my travelling times on the same bus. Hopefully this description will give me more ideas and development for the main character and also help push my story along.

'She was 50ish, medium height and dark hair (coloured I think) she was a smelly smoker who always needed her smoke before getting the bus. She was always very neatly dressed, every thing matching. Bags and shoes always matching in the same colour. She has a weakness for bags and shoes she told me. Every day she wear a different pair. She is very house proud I had the impression, but of course she smelled of smoke and had a smokers voice. She went into town several days a week to do all the housework for her disabled sister.'



I tried to find some photos of older ladies with interesting fashion as well to help give me inspiration of how the character could look, some of the woman are a bit old but they give the impression I am looking for with my character, to stand out from the norm. 

to be updated~ 

Background characters: 

Since my setting is a bus station there will be a few background characters to add to that feeling of a busy location. I would also like that to help the main character stand out even more, so most of these characters would be business people or maybe just still in normal clothes but grungy dark tones so that then the main characters bright choices in handbags and shoes stands out from the crowd. 
At the moment I am going more towards that they will be mostly dressed in business outfits because it will be easier to design many characters in similar outfits and would have a greater contrast, but this is still open to change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment