Wednesday 1 October 2014

[YEAR 3] Film Idea Draft FINAL

Final Draft Of Final Film:
(other drafts of my story can be seen in the September folder)

Theme/Subject: Obsession.

My original idea was all based around the idea of how you spend so much time with people when travelling that you have never met before. I'm always curious about who all these people are after travelling with them for about 3 years  of my life. Yet still I know nothing about them. 

Character(s): 

The main character I currently have is based off the story my mum once told me about on her bus journey. There was a woman who see always sees with matching handbags and shoes. One day the woman comes up to my mum who is wearing bright green shoes and asks "can I buy your shoes from you? They would look great with one of my hand bags."


The main character would be an older lady who stands out from the rest of the other people at the bus stop. 
She would be a strong and forceful character but also have a soft, feminine touch to her look. 
(the current lady I have drawn is just a space filler at the moment with very little development).



Basic Story Idea: 

The story would be based off the story my mum told me, about the woman with her many handbags and shoes. Since the location is a bus stop/station, you see many many types of people. So one day the woman will see another lady with some bright, colourful shoes and handbag. And she would become obsessed with trying to get it off the lady. 

Inspiration: 

My inspiration for the film came from all my time travelling. I travel with the same people about 5 times a week. I spend a good amount of my time sitting in the bus station and at bus stops. 
Here I have pictures of the Lincoln bus station, even if its a sunny day the bus station is still dark and grungy looking. 

I want the location of the whole animation to contrast the character so that she really stands out from bland, grungy bus stop.


I originally wanted my film to have a similar style to the 'Thought of You' animation by Ryan Woodward. But after Neil mentioned what does it do for the story I thought I should re-think how I would want it to look. 
I think a look similar to Craig McCracken or 90's cartoon look would work well for my animation because of the strong shape language used to backgrounds and characters.





No comments:

Post a Comment